Tuesday, November 26, 2013

e.l.f Flawless Eyeshadow Collection (Beautiful Browns) and e.l.f Pressed Powder (Porcelain): 1-Minute Review

Click here to see the product info on e.l.f's site.

Flawless Eyeshadow –

Packaging: (5/5)
Very sleek, clean design, all white with little windows so that you can see the colors.

The Colors:
#1 shimmer off-white, ochre color
#2 matte taupe but leaning towards brown color
#3 shimmer orange-brown crease color
#4 matte dark brown color











These great swatches are from www.rachelknows.com















The Payoff and Final Verdict:
OMG I am super impressed. This palette was two bucks and is worth so much more than what I paid for. The colors are all very pigmented, but with minimum fall-out. The matte is satiny, and the shimmer colors are very dazzling. With a touch of primer, the product stays on and doesn’t crease for the whole day! I like pairing the matte taupe-brown color with the off-white color for a natural day look. For a more rebellious look for dances or parties, I go for the dark brown color on my under-eye area.

Total Score: (5/5)

Pressed Powder –

Packaging: (4/5)
A sleek, smooth black compact with a simple puff. The only downside is that the mirror in the compact is very bad quality, and it broke off a week after I bought it.

Color and Texture:
The coverage this product gives was honestly not nearly as full as I expected from a pressed powder. The coverage is almost like that of CC cream. e.l.f suggests that you wet the included puff for more coverage, but it only made my skin very flaky. The overall texture (when dry) is comfortable and light on the skin.














this swatch is from My Lucid Intervals













Final Verdict:
I like the powder for giving me a velvety finish and mattifying my skin for a few hours – I used it a lot in the summertime. The coverage isn’t great, so I’ve resorted to using this as a translucent finishing powder.

Total Score:
(3.5/5)



http://eemoticons.net
I want to get my hands on other e.l.f Flawless Eyeshadows! What palettes do you recommend? Comment below!

No comments:

Post a Comment