Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Etude House Sweet Recipe Collection Cupcake All Over Color (OR201 Orange Choux Cake): 1-Minute Review


The Packaging: (5/5)
Looks, feels, and smells like an absolutely real cupcake. It has a noticeable but not nauseating peachy scent. It is about 2cm in height and 3cm in width, made of metal.

The Claim:
This product is literally supposed to be an all over color, which means that you can use it on your eyelids, lips, and cheeks. It is not supposed to streak, fade, or crease.

Texture: (5/5)
Creamy but not sticky, it feels satiny on the skin, like a good primer.

Color Payoff: (3/5)
Yes, the product stays true to its color. Once you layer on two to three dabs of the orange on your face, a bright orange color starts to appear. However, to me, that was the downside of this product. The orange is almost neon and makes my eyelids look swollen. On the lips, the color starts to flake and chip away almost immediately, even with lip balm. Right now, I like to use it for my cheeks, because the color is very build-able. It gives a sort of cutesy, innocent touch to my complexion.

swatches from jinkgiyomi


















Overall Impression and Final Verdict:
Alas, this product is not worth its hefty price (hefty for Etude House, that is). A product meant for eyes, lips, and cheeks only ended up being a nice cream blush for me. It does not crease on the eyes though, which is awesome!
Total Score: (3/5)

I really wanted to find a nice orange color on my lips, and this product only made my lips flake. http://eemoticons.netStill searching for my perfect orange lip-color! Give me some suggestions in the comments pleez!  

No comments:

Post a Comment