Thursday, November 28, 2013

2NE1 Missing You: YG Interview Confirms My Admiration For This Kpop Group

I've always admired 2NE1 for stepping outside conventional standards for K-pop girl groups to form a revolutionary idea of "strong women" in a culture that constantly sexualizes and objectifies its women. This YG interview that came out after their fall debut confirms this admiration. You go, 2NE1!http://eemoticons.net 
Here is a snippet that particularly touched me.


I think there’s difference between a song that tops charts and a song that influences people. I hope more people listen to our song, rather than “No.1” place on charts. I want to sing a song that can influence people and can make that kind of songs.” (CL)
The song’s lyrics “I still hate you that you let me go/ My heart now cold is still/ missing him” made each of 2NE1 members get emotional. BOM (29) and DARA (29) even burst into tears while recording the song.
I thought of the members while singing it. I think each listener feels different.” (BOM) “I thought of the members much, too. And I also thought that our fans would have missed us, too, while singing.” (MINZY)

Here is the the Youtube video.

No comments:

Post a Comment